Saturday, April 27, 2013

Detroit Titans star Ray McCallum enters NBA draft

Detroit Mercy junior guard Ray McCallum Jr. said Saturday he will forgo his final year of eligibility and declare for entry into the NBA draft, a spokesman for the university said.
McCallum, the 2013 Horizon League Player of the Year and Lute Olson All-American, helped lead Detroit to its second straight postseason appearance with a trip to the NIT, along with recording its second-straight 20 win season finishing 20-13 overall. 
This past season he led the Titans in points (18.7), assists (4.5) and steals (1.9) for the third-straight season as well as minutes played (36.6). He also led the Horizon League in scoring and steals, while finishing second in assists, assist-to-turnover ratio (2.2) and minutes played. McCallum was also sixth in field goal percentage (49.1) and had at least one steal in all but six games, while scoring in double figures in all but five games on the season.
“I want to thank the University of Detroit Mercy, my coaching staff and my teammates. I’ve enjoyed my three years with them,” said McCallum. “It has been very special playing for my father and helping to build the basketball program to a championship level.”
“It has been an outstanding experience coaching Ray. I am proud to see his growth over the last three years,” stated coach Ray McCallum. “As his coach and father I am supporting him in his pursuit to becoming a professional basketball player.”

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home